Friday, February 1, 2008

Aspria

So I had this idea that I should get in shape for my 40th b-day. Inspired mostly by the 40ish crowd Demi Moore, SJP and Madonna (her arms) who look even better now than they did in their 20’s.


Unfortunately my muscles are turning to mush from not using them due to my crazy arthritis. So I joined a health club this week. It is between a Northwest and Lake Calhoun Beach Club for looks and services.

Today I tried it for the first time…got there in plenty of time for the 10:30 class, after taking the bus and metro and walking 3 very big blocks. That should be the workout if you ask me.

Sitting outside the class of stretch & tone a novice or debutants class with 2 other new people to the club, thinking I can handle stretching. Even though I haven’t stretched in years, come to think of it I haven’t been able to move in years. Oh my was I wrong…or they should change the name of the class to intro to ballet. My instructor was a professional dancer, imaging if you can a very French Mikhail Baryshnikov with a shaved head and legs as an instructor. I’m not the most flexible person and this guy could stick both legs out on each side like the splits and lean forward so he was completely laying flat on the floor, I can’t even touch my toes. Then if your arms were not straight or any other position that was not correct he would say no no correct what ever was wrong. Yes mostly to me…Ohhh I forgot to mention the added stress is that this is all in French.




Anyway to get to the point I’m extremely sore and my arms feel like they weigh a ton to lift…Monday I have my orientation on the equipment with a training program worked up for me. I’m not sure what I was thinking about when I decided to get in shape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you had a rough day at the gym today because you had such a workout doing retail therapy with me yesterday :)

P.S. I thought only male swimmers shaved their legs. Are you sure he was a dancer?

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Yes he is a dancer...the other ladies were talking about him and we did enough ballet moves till next week.