Monday, January 7, 2008

Gustave Courbet

When we were in Paris for New Years Eve we stumbled upon the Grand Palais. It was having
an art exhibition featuring Gustave Courbet. (pronounced koor-bay) None of us have heard of him before but I liked the crazy self portrait of him that was advertising the show.

After going through and seeing all the art we all agreed it was a good show and glad we saw it.

After my parents left and Joe was on a bike ride I snuggled up on the couch with my January Vogue. (I was avoiding cleaning and the mounds of laundry in the basement) As I was flipping through I saw the crazy self portrait of Courbet. The exhibition we just saw in Paris was heading to the Met in NYC and it was the #9 out of 25 cultural highlights for 2008!!! check it out if you are in the area.



Again just like the monks and beer I’m on to something big and I don’t even know it.

Not to mention if you ask me I think he looks like Johny Depp don't you??

French President Nicolas Sarkozy checking out the painting - thanks to Getty images.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love having friends who are so fashionable they're ahead of the latest trends!!