Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Break

Sorry I haven’t blogged lately. I’m on spring break from French class and have been doing absolutely nothing. Far from my college days of going to Florida or Texas to party!

I did have some company for a couple nights, Jim, Kate and Hana. They needed a place to crash while there life was being packed up and put into a shipping container to be sent back home.

As some of you know I have never cooked before Joe started attending grad school and I officially became a stay at home dog mom. Some people can not believe I can cook as well as I do. (Like my mom and friends)

Thought you all might enjoy this recipe we had the other night.



Ingredients:

¼ cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed (I use more)
1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (don’t use the packaged stuff grated it yourself)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.

I added cooked shrimp to the sauce before mixing it with the pasta.

Tip- if you husband is calling to say he is going to be late, don't wait for him to eat this. Eat it when it is fresh and hot - reheated even a 1/2 later the butter separates from the cream and is not the same.

Bon Appetite

No comments: