Sunday, November 16, 2008

fires



I'm adding this to the blog - due to the fact when i lived in Chicago one night I was awoke by people yelling and ringing my door bell. Thinking it was drunks I ingorned it till they kept it up and I looked out my window to see huge flames. It was one of the scariest things I have ever been thorough. I grabbed my two guinea pigs (yes guinea pigs don't laugh) and left wearing just my boxers and tank top. There were neighbors with our garden hoses spraying the door so we would get out and on the house till the fire department could get there. Another neighbor gave me some sock and the other tenants clothes. I don't wish a fire on anyone it is terrible.

Damage to the house - My windows were cracked, and my air conditioner was melted from the heat. It was started by some guys going around lincoln park area started decks garages and other structures on fire so the fire department had a busy night that night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is SOOOO scary. Last year my middle son's family had to evacuate from the Southern CA fires. I was a basket case. Once they actually left their home I felt better. They were very lucky and the fire didn't reach their street. This past week a good friend in the LA area walked away with her 5 year old daughter, and nothing else. Her house was totally incinerated.
I am glad your neighbors saved you!

Jill, Foxy and Ana said...

Glad your friends and family are all safe.