Saturday, July 26, 2008

China Boy

I just wanted to share a couple emails I got from Joe last week when he was in China.

Here is a copy of what he had for lunch with his customers one day.

Menu;
Pig hoofs
Purple sea weed
Clotted duck blood
Shrimp heads
Roasted pigeons with the heads on
Huge slugs about 10 inches long
And the best;
Roasted Cicadas - you know, those bugs that make the loud buzzing in the summer. They look like giant bumble bees about one inch long and fat!



This is a spa Joe read about offering its customers "fish pedicures." tiny carp called "garra ruffa" that think your feet are yummy and eat away the dead skin. "This is a good treatment for everyone who likes to have nice feet," says Mr. Ho, who is the owner.

Mr. Ho keeps about 1,000 fish and puts about 100 in the water for each treatment. According to one customer, the treatment doesn't hurt: "It kind of feels like your foot's asleep." And another customer, who claims to be an athlete, said: "This is the first time somebody got rid of my calluses completely."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe, I know people in China can eat things like that but are you nuts? I'm sick just thinking about putting any of those things in my mouth let alone swallowing them. It's a good thing you can keep the food down at the table,don't think I could. Love, Sharen (aka Mom)